Acoustic Chambers & Materials Lab
Pritex invests heavily in its test facilities as they form the core part of innovation and new product development and validation.
Based at the main Pritex site, the acoustic and materials laboratories offer a complete service to support the product development and engineering functions of the business.
Where possible all acoustic testing or material validation follows the most relevant international standards, guaranteeing the quality and reproducibility of the results. The Pritex laboratories were established over 60 years ago, and the staff have a very wide range of competences and experience.
A vehicle sized development area provides the ideal platform for market product benchmarking (physical and acoustical), as well as automotive acoustic system refinement. Customer participation is welcomed and encouraged during development and refinement projects.
- Used for sound power measurements
- Can be used as a receiver room for transmission loss measurements
- Used for acoustic development of automotive sub-systems and industrial components
ISO Standard Reverberation Chamber
- Measures random incidence acoustic absorption coefficient (to ISO 354) from 125Hz to 5KHz
- Used for quality control of manufactured goods as well as product developement
- Can be configured as the source chamber for transmission loss measurements (to ISO 15186-1)
- 1m3 fully programmable environmental chamber (-40°C to +150°C) with data logging
- Wide range of flammability text fixtures encompassing all commonly used automotive, industrial and household testing standards
- Comprehensive adhesive testing equipment (peel, shear, backing, paper release effort)
- Comprehensive foam and fibre physical testing equipment (tensile strength, elongation, hardness, compression set, hydrolysis resistance)
- Impedance Tube (Normal Incidence acoustic absorption coefficient to ISO 10534)
- Apamat (Small scale transmission loss measurement)
- MiniKab (Small scale reverberation room)
- Portable test equipment (third octave SPL measurements), on-site flow resistance determination